All courses at the University of Wisconsin-Madison – including all blended courses – are required to have the following elements:
- A course syllabus that is available to students
- Defined learning outcomes
- A qualified instructor
- Compliance with definition of federal credit hour
- Content that is appropriate for and aligned with the title, level, and course description regardless of mode of instruction
- Prerequisites that are enforceable (if any)
- Meet requirements associated with any attribute attached to the course
- An approved grading scheme
- A plan for instructional times; the instructor most meet the instructional commitments for the course
- Meet standards for verifying identify of students; requirements met by us of the standard learning management system for other than face-to-face instruction.
For more information, go to the Academic Planning and Institutional Research site.