The unit map is a document that describes the activities that will take place within a unit of the course. A unit map may include the following elements for each activity:
- Description of the Activity
- Delivery Modality (online / face-to-face)
- Learning Objectives supported by the activity
- Time on Task – How much time will it take a student to complete the activity?
- Required Knowledge – What does a student need to know to complete the activity successfully?
- Assessment Plan
- Post-Activity Interaction
- Level(s) of Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Type of Student Interaction
- Technology Required
- Plan for Pedagogical Role of Instructor
- Plan for Social Role of Instructor
- Plan for Managerial Role of Instructor
- Plan for Technical Role of Instructor
The following is a map of how a unit for a blended course would look. It comes from Political Science 566: Contemporary American Political Thought, taught by Professor John Zumbrunnen, Ph.D.