In designing activities that occur in Canvas, it is important to understand the type of interactions you want to facilitate. The following table is a list of interaction types aligned with the Canvas tool that supports these interactions. Note that there are many other non-Canvas tools that are integrated into Canvas, as well as other standalone tools that can facilitate these interactions. A learning technology consultant can provide greater details about these specific features and limitations of each tool.
LEARNER / CONTENT
LEARNER / INSTRUCTOR
LEARNER / LEARNER
|Kaltura Media||Assignments||Collaborations||Course Syllabus (AEFIS)|
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Learner/Content — Tools and Approaches
- Kaltura – Features
- Canvas – Upload, access, and share video in Canvas with Kaltura My Media
- Kaltura – Best Practices
Learner/Instructor — Tools and Approaches
Learner/Learner — Tools and Approaches
- What are Collaborations?
- How do I create a Google Docs collaboration as an instructor?
- Collaboration Tools in Canvas
- Online Discussions
- What are Discussions?
- How do I create a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I reply to a discussion as a student?
Assessing Learning — Tools and Approaches
- Atomic Assessments – Is Atomic Assessments for me?
- Atomic Assessments – Overview
- Atomic Assessments – Enabling Atomic Assessments in Canvas
- Atomic Assessments – Creating Assignments in Canvas
Course Syllabus (AEFIS)
- How do I use the Gradebook?
- How do I enter and edit grades in the Gradebook?
- How do I use SpeedGrader?
- Kaltura – Adding questions to your videos with Kaltura video quizzes
- Canvas – Adding a Kaltura video quiz as a Canvas course assignment