These tools allow students to share files with each other on group projects outside of face-to-face class activities within a blended course.
|File Types||Any||Any, some gaps in Office file support||Any||Any|
|Capacity|| 1 GB
very limited capacity
|Ease of Use||Very Easy||Very Easy||Very Easy||Very Easy|
|Access across devices||Yes
Google Drive Sync
Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides.
Share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms and drawings. Collaborate in real-time with your team or with your whole school. You can publish final documents to the entire world, too.
UW–Madison Box is a cloud-based file storage and collaboration service. In addition to uploading and editing a variety of file types, Box also allows campus users to:
- Add collaborators to folders via their campus accounts
- Sync Box with desktop folders for one-step editing
- Include Box file links in the place of email attachments for more efficient collaboration
- Link Box accounts to third-party apps and services for easy content management
- Track account activity via notification subscriptions
- View account content and activity on mobile devices from any location.
Microsoft Office 365 - OneDrive
Microsoft Office 365 OneDrive is a cloud-based file storage and collaboration service. In addition to uploading and editing a variety of file types, it also allows campus users to:
- Sync your files from your PC or Mac and access them from your favorite browser or mobile device.
- Securely store and share files from anywhere. OneDrive offers native desktop, browser and mobile experiences on your devices. Access and make changes that sync automatically in the cloud or sync local copies of files for offline viewing and editing on your PC or Mac. Confidently share your files so other people can access them seamlessly and securely.
- Work faster and smarter with anyone inside or outside your organization. OneDrive enables real-time co-authoring in familiar desktop apps like Word and PowerPoint and saves you time with a single click to attach files to emails in Outlook. Use built-in search and discover tools to find the most relevant files and let others find your work.
- Stay connected with your files and folders from anywhere. OneDrive mobile apps for Android™, iOS®, and Windows present the best Office experience, beautifully rendered on your favorite devices. Access files and folders in OneDrive or in SharePoint team sites when you’re on the go.
- Set device access rules, view device reports, and remotely wipe devices that are lost or stolen—all from the admin center. You can see which files are being shared and with whom. In-app sharing enables each employee to seamlessly share and set specific access permissions for their files, based on the organization’s settings.
Office 365 users are providing users with 1 TB of storage within OneDrive.